Friday, July 2, 2010

The Westbury-Dublin Ireland

I'm actually pretty easy to please. LaQuinta to me fits most of my needs so when I'm exposed to a 5 star hotel, it really makes me wonder...wth? Gorgeous and sitting right in the middle of Dublin. Got the fancy doorman with the hat, the concierge and all the finery that you would expect in a 5 star location. TheWilde is the restaurant and although quite pricey (entres at about 40 euro) the ambiance is wonderful. Did we eat there? You figure it out...
There is a coffee/bar that stays busy all day and the fitness room looks great for all those interested in busting their butts so early in the morning. The bed is fantastic and as comfortable as any that we've ever slept in. And you have to love the duvets--- The hotel is located in a great location and only minutes from all the shopping and restaurants that seem to have the action. Pubs are literally 10 steps outside the main doors and the frivolity seems to go on for hours. St Patricks Cathedral and Christ Church are a bit away but we walked it and enjoyed the day. Stephens Green and Trinity University are also quite close. The only thing I have trouble with in these out of US boundaries is the dang showers. Plumbing here must cost thousands with all the amenities and fixtures they install. The one thing I always forget about is that darned towel warmer. I must get one when I get back. They are the best invention ever. So if you ever get a chance to come to Ireland (still no sighting of Leprechauns) the Westbury would be a top spot to stay. If you had any complaints, I'd have to tell you to stay at a LaQuinta and quit being such a complainer...Staff was fantastic....Loved the hotel! Just loved it.

3 comments:

  1. Towel warmers!? That's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is swanky....we had it in our hotel in Florence. I took two showers/day just so I could use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgosh....it's almost 10 a.m. and we have never slept this late....almost missed breakfast!how would that have been....off to Cork....(no idea where it is, but I'm driving...talk to y'all tonight.

    ReplyDelete