Thursday, July 15, 2010

Back in the homeland for Lorraine

Well, we're back in Edinburgh. After a great train ride (much better than air or car) we got here to this raining mecca in the world about 6 p.m. last night. Nothing much to say at this time since we rode the train most of the day. I am so looking forward to this cruise on Sunday. The issue is I lifted off the train Lorraine's 300 pound bag and have a bit of a back issue now. I'll spend my day when we get out looking for some secret remedy to rid myself of the pain so I'm ready for Sunday. Lorraine is in her element and as we rode the train into Waverly Station in Edinburgh, she sat up ever so straight and a huge smile came over her face...she is proud of her homeland! I had to smile and give a laugh myself. It's been two weeks now and we're still talking as much as we did prior to leaving...at least twice a day...so I'm thinking we'll make it. Everyone take care. I have a feeling that when we're back, Benjamin may be swimming...or at least have started his lessons (yes we check Facebook too)...I will be very excited for him to get this important lesson learned...so we can play in the pool instead of me dragging him around in one of those plastic ring floaties! Everyone take care...oh yes, when we arrived yesterday there had been a huge traffic jam around the area. Rod Stewart is doing a concert at the Castle (last night and tonight) would love to see him but I believe he is totally sold out. Do you think William Wallace would have approved of that? (bit of history there)

No comments:

Post a Comment