Sunday, July 11, 2010

Well, excuse me Country Gentleman!

We are now in Hereford, England-pronounced I'm sure differently than it is spelled. We're visiting Lorraines cousin who has purchased this beautiful manor home (20000 sq feet) that sits on 15 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds. I thought it was previously a castle but to each man it must be 'his' castle. Something like 13 bedrooms, 18 bathrooms and a huge banquet hall that's about 70 ft x 30 ft. So far 14 of Lorraine's family on her dad's side have shown up. The balance come today. Its a bit early since I got up before 6 am so I need to fill the time until some others are stirring around. I really don't know what's around here other than on my early rounds of the property I met a horse trainer with a race horse on each arm. He must have the place next to John and Cathy. He wouldn't let me ride, even though I showed him my Texas Passport...~I am a proficient rider you know! John and Cathy rent out the house next door complete with 4 additioal bedrooms, a lounge (think that is actually like a family room) and full kitchen as a complete unit and then use the bedrooms in the main house as B&B rooms. They currently have a family of 6 celebrating the old guy's 70th birthday. It is a beautiful setting for sure and the service is impeccable...Cathy is a great delegator! Well, I'm off to the gatehouse as there is some story here about the dame that lives or lived there and I'm interested in finding out what all the noise is about. Everyone take care and hope all is fine.

2 comments:

  1. A Texas Passport won't work as well as a Cowboy hat. Next time wear the hat and I bet you'll get to ride the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hat is extra luggage to carry and mom's is enough already....love ya..dad

    ReplyDelete