Friday, July 2, 2010

We're Here and no Leprechauns!

Well, we made it and after a little computer trouble (of which I fixed somehow) we're in business.
Flight was good but as usual too long. After a two hour nap upon arrival we went out to conquer the city. For a city with 12.5% unemployment, they seem to be very busy in the city center. We went to see the Castle of Dublin and the Christ Church, but that's it for me for guided tours. I'll try and be patient but you know, it's really nothing that I haven
t seen somewhere and old is just that, old....oh sure, there's a lot of history of this lordship and that viceroy, but unless you're living in 1500 's do you really care? We'll head out for an early dinner and then a few pints and then to sleep! Tomorrow will be another exploration day and we'll be looking forward to it. Weather is great and although we got caught in a quick downpour that just seemed to come from nowhere, we are dry and thankful to be here...actually thankful to be anywhere! Take care and will try and continue to fill you in. Love to the kids---and of course, Benjamin! Sean--Ireland looks like the place to start your travels. Lots of youth!
Bet after the pints, we'll see those leprechauns and four leaf clovers....

4 comments:

  1. If you're seeing leprechauns and four leaf clovers after drinking some pints, you might want to check what they're putting in the pints before you drink them! Glad yall made it there safely! Enjoy it...and regardless if the castles and architecture is old, it's still pretty cool to see something that old still standing. They're the people who I should have had tutor me in structures!

    Love yall and enjoy it! Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to go with Sean on this one....seeing those old structures is pretty cool.

    Have fun and take a lot of pictures.

    LOL. I just told Mom to take a lot of pictures. Silly me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. old structures now include us! I believe the avg age here to be 28....wih the exception of the old structures....probably more like 35 but a tremendous amount of youth...Mom is busy with her camera...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this blog and I'm looking forward to hearing more. This will be my summer reading. No time for anything else. :) It's got romance, history, comedy....

    Love yall,

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete