Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I do believe she's trying to kill me!

OMG..I do believe she's trying to kill me! We must have hiked 7 miles --all uphill...today. We finally had to take a horse ride back. So the thought of sleeping in didn't work...would have missed breakfast and that doesn't work well for me. We did the Ring of Kerry. We kind of changed it up a bit and now it's known here as the Triangle of Kerry. Rain, rain and more rain...and that didn't help my driving ability at all. I believe I heard a gasp from Lorraine as we passed a bus with another coming in the opposite direction on a road that was possibly 3 feet narrower than the three vehicles. Nice folks those people were...
We stopped a couple of times-some would think to get a bite to eat, but really just to get out and kiss the ground again. In actual fact I believe my driving has been superb as we've made it back every time we've gone out.
Tried to get out to take a picture with a couple of sheep. I believe Lorraine's comment was, now there's a fact for you...'.I believe they recognize a wolf in sheeps clothing...' In fact the sheep loved me!

Came up to the final swing on this loop around the countryside to Killarney National Park and did we ever need the walk....the ride had been enough, but this walk did us in. Beautiful park and we didn't get in any trouble. Well, we're off tomorrow to someplace but dang I can't remember where. Oh no worry, Lorraine will tell me...that's what 40 years gets you...
Kids, have fun in Colorado.

2 comments:

  1. i don't even want to imagine what your driving would be like on such narrow roads. just the thought scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually not too bad...it's when you turn the wrong way..that will get your adrenalin going a bit...and if mom would quit hitting on me when I do it...it might not make it seem so bad!

    ReplyDelete